推荐 +MORE·影视翻译 ·合同翻译 ·科技翻译 ·医学翻译 ·法律翻译 ·金融翻译 ·证件翻译 ·文学翻译 ·图书翻译 ·工程翻译 解决方案 SOLUTIONS 专业流程 WORKFLOW 翻译技术 TRANSLATION TECHNOLOGY 填写询价表 ONLINE INQUIRY
时间：2019-03-26 17:02:14 作者：
The development of American English is influenced by historical, cultural, regional and other factors. It is very different from British English. So today, I will share with you the differences between American English and English translation.
In today's publishing market, in order to save manpower and material resources, publishers usually use only one English translation, and do not translate according to the language habits of different countries. The mixing of American English and British English is very serious, which may even cause great confusion to readers. Some people think that American English and British English are interlinked and belong to the same language system. However, if readers want to better understand the works and make the translation closer to the readers, they should adopt a rigorous attitude to distinguish them. American English differs from British English in spelling, meaning and grammar.
Americans are a pragmatic people and have adopted a pragmatic attitude in spelling. In the development of American English, some unspoken letters in spelling have been deleted, and the difference in spelling is a big difference between them.
(1) British English ends with-our, while American English mostly simplifies to-or.
(2) Some English words end with-re, which is often spelled-er in American English.
Word selection is also very important in language translation. There are obvious differences in some words between Britain and America, so different vocabulary should be adopted for different English readers. At present, there are two main differences between American English and British English in terms of synonyms and synonyms.
(1) Some words appear in American and English, but they represent different concepts, so they should be distinguished in translation.
(2) Synonyms refer to the use of different words to express the same concept in American English and British English。 They are widely used。
三公棋牌 Grammar is an important reference for organizing sentence structure. There are some differences in grammar between English and American. The grammatical analysis of American English and British English is of great benefit to translation.
(1) Nouns: American English tends to nominalize other parts of speech more obviously than British English, especially those phrasal verbs with prepositions。
(2)动词have,get, make：当动词have有致使之意时，美国用have，英国对上级用get，对下级用make。英语中的to have是个词性不明确的动词。英国人既把它用作助动词又把它用作实义动词，美国人则一律将它当作实义动词来用。
(2) Verb have, get, make: When the verb have causative meaning, the United States uses have, the United Kingdom uses get to the superior and make to the subordinate. In English, to have is an ambiguous verb. The English use it as an auxiliary verb and a substantive verb, while the Americans use it as a substantive verb.
In literary translation, in order to make the reader accept the work better, it is necessary to translate the work locally and adopt the corresponding idioms. For English translation in daily life, we can adopt the principle of consistency and use the same kind of English.